Friday, October 16, 2009

Dawson's Creek: The Complete Series Coming to DVD Nov. 10th


I know that none of you care, but I'm hyped for the release of the Complete Series of Dawson's Creek on DVD. I own all the seasons but can't find my copies of the 2nd and 3rd, so maybe I could justify this purchase.

The packaging looks pretty lame, but it comes with a CD of music featured on the show, a new booklet (wow!) and a new interview with series creator, Kevin Williamson (should be whack, probably less than five minutes). I've been rewatching the First Season of the show and I think it's a program that, more than any other series I can recall, completely feeds off its pilot. The pilot is amazing television, and the second episode is as well, but beyond that it's all fairly standard. I love it all, every episode, but I think if you're not hooked by the pilot, you wouldn't have much desire to find out what happened to these characters. However, if you do watch the pilot, I'm fairly certain you'll become addicted. I hope Nick Schibani comes out of hiding to comment on this.

I also found out about this book: Dawson's Creek: A Critical Understanding which features this absurd review:

"To whom it may concern,

I bought this book and I would just like to say that I do not regret it AT ALL. I would easily say that this book changed my life. I have been a Dawsons Creek fan for several years, and Bindigs point of views and ability to capture the true story of Dawson's creek is remarakable. I have never read a book that I physically could not put it down. My husband left me because I would want to read the book all day rather than spend some quality relationship bonding time with her and the kids. Im not upset about it at all. I am perfectly happy sitting with my cats in my cat pajamas just reading this book with a good cup of tea. I would recommend this book to any stranger. It changed my life for the better. Because I knew read this book. I have been changed, for good."


Here's the first part of the pilot. I think it's in Spanish, I don't have speakers here:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Get subscribers